Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: teams so far and the rest of the compet

teams so far and the rest of the compet 5 months 1 week ago #1366

Andy Murray will be looking to extend his winning run to 22 matches and book his place in the semi-finals of the ATP World Tour Finals when he faces Stan Wawrinka on Friday. Murray has won both of his contests in the John McEnroe Group, beating Marin Cilic in straight sets and then Kei Nishikori in a three-set epic.But he could still be eliminated if he loses to Wawrinka in straight sets and Nishikori beats Cilic in the groups other match in the evening on Friday. Murray leads the head-to-head 9-7 against the Swiss, and has his sights set on a perfect final against Novak Djokovic that would decide the year-end No 1 ranking. Live Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals November 18, 2016, 12:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Murray talked to Mark Petchey at the SkyPad after his victory over Nishikori I think for the tournament and stuff, for everyone interested in tennis, that would probably be the perfect way to finish the year, he said.For me, and Im sure for Novak, both of our goals would be to try to win the event. For him, whether thats by beating me, someone else, or, for me, if its winning against Novak or another player, it doesnt change for us as players.Murray was pushed to the limit by Nishikori in the longest three-set match in ATP World Tour Finals history, which lasted three hours and 20 minutes. John McEnroe Group W-L Sets Games Andy Murray 2-0 4-1 30-20 Kei Nishikori 1-1 3-2 27-23 Stan Wawrinka 1-1 2-2 19-24 Marin Cilic 0-2 0-4 17-26 He acknowledged afterwards that he was a bit tired, but added: You tend to feel it more the following day, in terms of stiffness and soreness in the body. I was in the ice bath after the match. That obviously helps make you feel a bit better. But 10-12 hours afterwards the body starts to stiffen up. Its positive I get a days rest.After losing his first match, Wawrinka kept his hopes of progressing alive with a 7-6 (7-3) 7-6 (7-3) victory over Cilic on Wednesday. Murray is one win from matching his career-best 22-match undefeated run from earlier this season, during which he won Queens, Wimbledon and Olympic gold All I know is if I want to have a chance to qualify, I need to win, he said afterwards. Thats all Im trying to do. Im going to try to play my best tennis, to beat the World No. 1. Its going to be a tough match.We played many times against each other. Hes playing his best tennis so far. Its going to be interesting. Im happy to play here in front of his home crowd. Im sure its going to be a great atmosphere.The only meeting between Murray and Wawrinka in 2016 was in the semi-finals of the French Open, with the world No 1 coming through in four sets. Watch highlights of Murrays win over Nishikori However, Wawrinka won their round-robin clash at the O2 last year 7-6 (7-4) 6-4.In the doubles match, Henri Kontinen and John Peers will be looking to make it three wins from three when they face world No 1 duo Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut.Hugues and Mahut are already eliminated after two defeats and could slip from the top of the rankings if Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares reach the final.Kontinen and Peers are already assured of a semi-final place, having won both their matches in straight sets.Watch the ATP World Tour Finals on Friday from midday on Sky Sports 1 HD or follow on www.skysports.com. Also See: One of Murrays best-ever matches Murray targets perfect final Wawrinka keeps hopes alive Stan sets sights on Murray Kenny Britt Jersey .Kraft says Goodell realized before seeing a video showing Baltimore running back Ray Rice striking his then fiance that domestic violence was very serious for society in general. JC Tretter Jersey . - Loosening up for their first training camp practice, the Miami Dolphins high-stepped sideways up and down the field while House of Pains song "Jump Around" blared on the loudspeakers. www.brownsauthenticproshop.com/Youth-Sam...oates-Browns-Jersey/. Julien coached the Bruins to the Stanley Cup championship in 2010-11 and is the longest serving coach in consecutive seasons in the teams history. Claude is one of the top coaches in the NHL and has consistently shown a passion for winning, general manager Peter Chiarelli said Sunday in announcing the signing. Spencer Drango Jersey .com) - SirDominic Pointer posted career highs of 24 points and seven steals to lead No. Isaiah Crowell Jersey . -- DeMarcus Cousins had 29 points, nine rebounds and six steals to lead the Sacramento Kings to their third straight preseason win, a 107-90 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Thursday night.Warrington, Widnes and Wigan have showed the best form ahead of crunch weekend but which team can gain the most? This is how Super League looks right now as we approach what is a significant Easter weekend.Warrington, Widnes and Wigan have been the best teams so far and the rest of the competition will be hoping that the bonus weekend, offering four points, can kick-start their season and spring them into the next stage with confidence. Widnes are the top try scorers with 42 so far, however, this next week will pose the toughest questions of the year. Widnes Joe Mellor has been a sensation so far this season Its worth mentioning that the team with the fewest tries are the current champions.Leeds have scored just 18 tries in six games and will be hoping that the harder pitches and warmer weather brings them out of hibernation.My prediction of Widnes not finishing in the top four could look a foolish one if the Vikings pick up four points with victories over Warrington and St Helens.Some of their success has been down to the sensational start to the season that Joe Mellor has made. Hes been absolutely brilliant to watch. Brian Carney previews the Easter weekend fixtures in Super League If he is fit, hell go head-to-head in the half-backs with Kurt Gidley and Chris Sandow at 3pm on Easter Monday, Theyve claimed most of the headlines in their recent successes for Warrington.Both have kicked tremendously and its mainly down to them that they lead the way for tries from kicks. A quarter of all Warringtons tries have featured a kick-play. Thats twice as many as other teams in the league. My prediction of Widnes not finishing in the top four could look a foolish one if the Vikings pick up four points with victories over Warrington and St Helens.dddddddddddd Phil Clarke Its a new dimension that wasnt there last year and its proving difficult for teams to defend against.The other aspect of Kirk Gidleys game thats making a difference is his goal kicking. He leads the charge with a plus 85 per cent success rate. That is ten per cent higher than the average Super League kicker.As the competition gets closer we might start to see that this makes a significant difference.This is my favourite time of the year. Weve a lot of games on Sky Sports and I cant wait. Jeff Stellings journey to Wembley involves walking ten marathons in ten days Juts as a footnote, I did the Men United walk with Jeff Stelling, Brian Carney, Barrie McDermott and Bill Arthur this week and Ive got absolutely huge respect for Jeff Stelling. We just did one of the ten days that hes doing on his march to Wembley and it was tough enough.I wish him all the best in the remaining days. It was a pleasure to spend time with him. Phil Clarke brings you his top five Super League tries of the week Also See: Rugby League on Sky Fixtures and results Follow @SkySportsRL Pundits Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds