Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: . Nasser Hussain has lauded Jos Buttlers commitmen

. Nasser Hussain has lauded Jos Buttlers commitmen 4 months 3 weeks ago #1634

VAIL, Colo. -- Lindsey Vonn remains unsure just what effect her latest knee injury will have on her Sochi Olympic hopes. Asked in an interview on NBCs "Today" show Wednesday whether she can put the kind of pressure on the knee she will need to train and make it to Sochi in February, Vonn replied: "To be honest, I dont know." The reigning Olympic downhill champion crashed during a downhill training run in Copper Mountain last week and partially tore a reconstructed ligament in her right knee. Vonn said her immediate plan is to resume training in Vail to test out the knee. She elected to skip the races this weekend in nearby Beaver Creek to give her knee more time to rest. The 29-year-old Vonn hasnt ruled out a possible return to competition in Lake Louise, Alberta, on Dec. 6. "If things go well, you know, Ill be racing next week," Vonn said. "If they dont, then Im going to have to reassess and kind of see where I stand and if I can make a comeback for this season." The four-time overall World Cup champion tore ligaments in her right knee in a high-speed accident at the world championships in February. Shes been well ahead of schedule in her return, but doesnt believe she was pushing too hard to make it back to the slopes. "I was skiing really fast. I was skiing confident. I was very strong," Vonn said. "It just was unfortunately a fluke accident. Thats the risk you take when youre going 80, 90 mph down a mountain. Thats just part of the job. But I picked myself back up and Im trying as hard as I can to keep going. "Im just fingers-crossed that I can be racing next week, because Ive worked so hard all summer to get back to this point and I just want to get back in the starting gate." In her crash last week, Vonn said she caught an edge, flipped over her skis and "went head-first into the fence." She said the knee wasnt the cause of the spill. "The fall caused my knee to give out," Vonn said. "If I hadnt have had my brace on, I definitely would not have had anything left in my knee. It was one of those fluky things that sometimes happen. "Unfortunately, it was really bad timing for me. Im still confident. I still feel like I have a lot left to achieve this season. ... I still have time before Sochi." Sokratis Papastathopoulos Jersey . After making his All-Star debut in Fridays Rising Stars Challenge, the Raptors sophomore centre wont be sticking around for the duration of the weekends festivities, thinking about the big picture instead. Maximilian Philipp Jersey . -- Michael Phelps is 0 for 1 in his comeback to the pool. www.dortmundfcshop.com/c-41-jadon-sancho...dortmund-jersey.aspx. Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and Frank Thomas appeared to be on track to gain election from the Baseball Writers Association of America on Wednesday, and Craig Biggio could join them. Ousmane Dembele Jersey . Less than 24 hours later, in the same arena, he tried to recreate the magic of his all-time favourite player. Hilliard scored a career-high 26 points and No. Custom Borussia Dortmund Jerseys . Samir Nasris 88th-minute equalizer at Etihad Stadium will be of little consolation to City, which is now six points behind league leader Liverpool and four points behind second-place Chelsea. Third-place City has a game in hand but the surprise result against Sunderland, coupled with Sundays 3-2 loss at Liverpool, may be a setback too far in its bid for a second championship in three seasons.Emotions were running high as Bangladesh beat England in the second ODI to level the series at 1-1 in Dhaka. Things became heated after Jos Buttler, Englands standout performer with the bat on Sunday, was given out lbw on review.The tourists skipper took exception to Bangladeshs boisterous celebrations and appeared to be given a send-off, at which point he turned back to confront the fielders. The umpires ushered Buttler away and Bangladesh went on to win the match by 34 runs. However, the incident had clearly not been forgotten as the teams shook hands.Tamim Iqbal seemed to drop his shoulder into Jonny Bairstow as the pair passed each other leading to another fiery exchange with England vice-captain Ben Stokes also getting involved. Nasser Hussain has lauded Jos Buttlers commitment to the team following his outburst in the second ODI Buttler expressed his disappointment at the way Bangladesh celebrated his wicket during his post-match press conference while Stokes took to Twitter to offer an explanation for the altercation at the end of the match.ddddddddddddHe wrote: Congrats to Bangladesh on the win tonight, outplayed us, what I wont stand for is someone putting a shoulder to my team-mate at handshakes. Despite the unsavoury scenes, the result sets up what should be a fiercely-contested series decider in Chittagong on Wednesday, live on Sky Sports 2 from 9am.Watch the video above to see the incidents that got the England and Bangladesh players so riled up. Also See: Buttler explains Dhaka feud England will be fired up Series level as England lose WATCH: Story of second ODI Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds